Friday, May 19, 2006

a taste

Another Burning Man I can't go to is coming up and reminding me of one of the few reasons I doubt my choice to go to med school. Fortunately, it's bound to continue for few more years. Here are some great videos:

If you've never seen a fire dancer, here's a great three minute intro. Now imagine 300 of them dancing in sync on the night of the burn...(or see the night video below).

Here's a fun little video that I think is a good seven minute representation of the deep and silly sides of the festival. (I'm partial to this one, because I was there that year).

And for those with time on their hands, here's 30 minute video that made me miss all the little details (lining up to get in, sunrise on the playa, a hundred firedancers dancing together, funny cowboy hats, thousands of flickering lights at night).

A few more:

One of the best representation I've seen of Burning Man at Night.

...and, of course, The Monkey Chant. (3 minutes)

ps: Burning Man 2007 - I'm getting my ticket the minute they come out...

No comments: