And of course, the reality is already, prematurely, beginning to decend upon all of us that we are ALMOST DONE with the classroom sitting/butt aching portion of medical school.Haha!! That's really funny.
Today is day 1, hour 4 of my 30+ day study schedule in preparation for the part 1 (of 3) of the United States Medical Licensing Exam. There's a whole lot of butt sitting ahead. I'm already studying at 1/10th the speed I should (but can't possibly without breaking laws of physics) be studying at to learn the basics of what I should know for the test. My butt does not yet hurt (mom and dad have very comfortable dining room chairs), but my back keeps bending into strange angles and I have to take little "lay down on the couch and close my eyes for a minute while I review what I've learned (ha!)" breaks. I've also pinned down the exact location of my ulnar nerve as the little tingling sensations that shoot down my forarms and into my 4th and 5th fingers get worst and worst from my elbows resting against the hard wood of the dining room table while I copy 300 flashcards into an excel spreadsheet.
Oh med school, how I love thee!
1 comment:
I ordered a book about healing RSIs on Amazon since I too have had the ulnar nerve tingles after all the typing and studying this year. Too bad I haven't found the time to do any of the exercises, or the back exercises and neck exercises for my aching body....
Post a Comment